Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time Traveler

Bad mornings begin when fatigue drags down the body and aches in the spaces of bones. Today was a bad morning.

but I sallied forth--into a crypt and an amazing display of light art glowing and pulsing in the pungent bowels of the earth.

then off to the Wellcome Museum where I discovered that someone somewhere thought a penis with a hat was a fertility aid. Also I toured the bodies buried under Tube stops and McDonalds all over London.

Finally the British Museum and the elegance of invaders. Sometimes I can't help but think of it as an elegy to empire, and marvel at the shamelessness of plunder. and then I leave

(Also I wonder what we will display when we talk about Iraq, Cuba, Africa, Afghanistan. When we write our history in placards and crafted exhibits. And then I leave)

But what ho! Scotland on the horizon?!! EGads am I doing something with my time?! Watson this is BRILLIANT

No comments: